Membership Update – April 2018
Spring is trying to emerge… beautiful budding flowers amidst sunshine, rain, and even some hail. With the changing of seasons, it is an honor to kick off my tenure as Blue Ridge Membership Chair. It is my role to welcome new families and provide useful information as our newest residents navigate their way into this fabulous community. If you are new to the neighborhood, please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have. I’ll do my best to find an answer or point you in the right direction.
With that, I would like to welcome families who have moved into the neighborhood since the beginning of the year. Please give a warm welcome to:
- David Kwan & Kelly Lay Eng Tan
- Steven Crutcher & Jamie Bozied
- John & Beth Brown
Another aspect of my role is to oversee the Events component of our community. As I am certain you know, our neighborhood is unique and cherished for community involvement and social gatherings. Our fantastic volunteers have orchestrated an amazing array of events for children, families and adults over recent history and years past.
However we seem to be in a decline for volunteer support. Without people like you to step in and help plan events, we simply will be unable to continue hosting these fun and community-building events. These volunteer opportunities are not terribly time consuming or difficult (most events have already been fully organized so year-to-year implementation is a breeze). They are great opportunities to meet more people in the neighborhood and build your personal community. The two specific immediate needs we have are:
- Events Coordinator (Takes about 2-4 hours/mo. preparing and managing the events budget, helping to recruit volunteers to lead and assist in the production of various events.) Community events will not continue to be offered without someone stepping into this role!
- Lead for Annual 4th of July Parade and Picnic
If you are interested in either of these opportunities, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We NEED your volunteer support to make these events happen.
Upcoming events to put on your calendar:
- Annual Blue Ridge Work Party – April 21
- New Resident Social – date TBD
- July 4th Parade and Picnic – This event will NOT happen unless we get a volunteer to chair this event ASAP!!!
- Summer Luau or Fiesta at the pool – July 28 (volunteers welcome and needed)
- Oktoberfest – September 28 (volunteers welcome and needed)