Hello everyone! With the 2018 pool season just around the corner, we are looking to hire new lifeguards and swim instructors! Applicants must be at least 15 years old, lifeguard certified, and free to work this summer. If you are interested in being considered for a position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1st. If you have any questions, feel free to email us. Enjoy the rest of the school year and we look forward to hearing from you! Thanks,
Rosie McDonagh, Pool Manager email@example.com
Luke Ilgenfritz, Assistant Pool Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Cross Lifeguard Certification 2018 at Blue Ridge Pool
• Must be at least age 15 years old.
• Swim continuously 300-yd freestyle or breaststroke, or a combination of both.
• Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only.
• Swim 20 yards, surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object,
and swim 20 yards back to the starting point and out of the water without the use of
stairs or a ladder in under 1 minute 40 seconds.
To receive a lifeguard certification a candidate must:
• Attend all class sessions
• Complete the online portions of the training on time and pass the online exam
• Pass written and skills test
All in person sessions will take place at Blue Ridge pool. 10040 – 15th Ave NW
• 8 – 11 a.m. Saturday, May 5
• 10-4 p.m. Sunday, May 6
• 8 a.m. – Noon and 1:30 – 4:30 Saturday, May 12
• 9 a.m. – Noon and 1:30 – 3:30 Sunday, May 13
There is an online component that will take a few hours to complete. It is self-paced, but
must be completed by the May 13th class.
$236.00 Full Program Fee: Includes certification fees, lifeguard manual and Rescue
Checks to: Carlos Palacian, you can bring the check to the first class. Just
make sure you have signed up (e-mail email@example.com) by May 1st, so
the right amount of manuals and masks can be ordered.
For those with a current lifeguard certification, recertification is available at Blue Ridge
pool for a $75.00 fee on Saturday, May 5 at 3:00 PM (Note: the recertification will take
about 3 hours)
Questions contact the instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org