Pool and Tennis Programs – September 2018
As I sit down to reflect on the last two months, I’m shocked to see that the pool is only 2 weeks away from closing, school is starting and summer is all too quickly coming to a close. However, I suppose that as a parent, I should be used to time flying faster than I’d prefer.
Some highlights from our summer programs include:
- Our youth varsity and JV tennis teams coming in 2nd in the league
- 165 swimmers on our Blue Ridge swim team
- 15 Blue Ridge swimmers advancing and competing in the final swim meet, All Cities.
- Twice the number of Blue Ridge children participating on the water polo team than last year.
- An increase in participation across all our pool & tennis programs.
- An extremely well run and successful hosting of Northerns.
I’d like to take a moment to thank the entire community for graciously hosting the Northerns swim meet. As part of the league, we have to take our turn hosting the 2 large “playoff” meets and while that made me nervous a few months ago, I now cannot wait to host All Cities next summer. We have received numerous compliments from other coaches and team members about running the smoothest large swim meet in a long time. I’m so proud to be a part of this team! The countless volunteers who stepped up with their time and donations and yards and support are what make this community special. In particular, I need to give a huge THANK YOU to our Northerns committee who collectively spent hundreds of hours planning the successful event:
- Jenny Fredricks
- Jae Kim
- Karen Bombino
- Cat Burns
- Jamie Smith
- Mike William
- Jean McCarthy
- Chris Wilkins
I hope to see many of you at the pool and the tennis courts before the Seattle winter sets in. The tennis program will run the entirely of September, so it’s not too late to sign up for a class. The pool closes for the season on 9/16 . . . . sniff . . . sniff.