Have you met Alison?
Alison Gray joined Blue Ridge January 2 nd as part-time office assistant and already, she’s helped make a big dent in the project list and busy setting up the 2018 rental calendars. Alison and her husband have lived in the area for 12 years, have two active boys, and a Golden Retriever named Ella Fitzgerald. Please say hello when you can and give her a warm Blue Ridge welcome! She’s usually in the business office 9-1, Mon – Thurs.
Seattle City Light
Thank you to everyone who attended the spontaneous City Light forum at the January 8 th
Board meeting. As requested by attending homeowners, City Light has postponed full replacement of Blue Ridge street light fixtures. This means, as lights continue to fail, fixtures will be replaced by the proposed alternative. There are five fixtures (including the temporary ones on 15th and the Valmay/Greenbrier lights) that will be replaced first in the next few weeks. The eventual replacement of all of Blue Ridge lights will be revisited likely in the next 3-5 years as the system continues to fail. Please visit www.seattle.gov/light/streetlight
to report light pole problems.
Annual Shareholder Meeting – Mon, Feb 5th @ 7pm
Vote early and often! The annual meeting notice and ballots have been mailed, please return your ballot in the enclosed envelope, drop off, or bring to the meeting. Every vote counts! If we don’t receive at least 34% of the votes, we have to reschedule the annual meeting and election, resend notice and ballots, and reprint shareholder reports; additional expenses everyone would like to avoid.
Blue Ridge Projects
I get quite a few comments about how quiet the Clubhouse is in the winter – am I not bored?! Not at all! I miss seeing your friendly faces, but the administration of Blue Ridge business, budgets, mailings, dues, prepping for summer, shareholder meeting, incoming/outgoing board members, annual audit, and facility maintenance – actually make this our busiest time! Here are a few current projects with status updates:
- Complete – Annual clubhouse roof inspection and cleaning. Weather proofing repairs made.
- Complete – New pool pump and 3-phase electrical converter installed.
- Complete – Pool chemicals moved, plumbing and electronic controls connected to south storage shed.
- Complete – Beach Park fence – replaced chain link, post cap, & repair barbed wire.
- Complete (Finally!) – King County replaced (10) Hinoki Cypress along beach park fence saving Blue Ridge over $7,000.
- Complete – Clubhouse contractor repositioned pool light & installed motion sensor, installed lower wattage canned lights w/opaque filters. N/C.
- Complete – Installation of proposed street lights postponed indefinitely at homeowner requests.
- Complete – Pool phone line inoperable, CH phone & internet dis/reconnected in error.
- Complete – Wiring cut at Beach Park gate, vendor repair w/in 24hrs.
- Pending – 2018 Pool Operations manual updates.
- Pending – New fence damage at Beach Park.
- Pending – ADA railing damaged, coordinating vendor repair and reimbursement.
- Pending– Comcast construction for business svcs delayed, est completion late March, depending on permits.
- Pending – Creating systems to comply with new labor laws and insurance requirements.
- Pending – Connecting pool waste water to sanitary sewer, starting 01.29.18.
- Pending – Coordinating Events closet clean out for sewer work.
- Pending – Concrete gutter repairs pending permits and PHSKC review.
- Pending – Parking lot asphalt repairs on 01.23.18. Reseal/restripe at warmer temperatures.
- Pending – Clubhouse curb trip hazard at dark. Estimate pending to install additional lighting and asphalt contractor to repaint.
- Pending – Salvaging water damaged archives.
- Pending – New shelving needed in chemical storage shed.
- Pending – Set-up 2018 rental calendars w/community dates. Open to private rentals Feb 5th.
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone February 5 th – Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions, concerns, or even a hello!