The Pool opens this weekend Sat May 13th!!!! Thank you Michelle for managing all of the operational details to get the pool heated, chlorinated and ready for use. The locker room upgrade is complete, but the clubhouse remodel is not. No fear, we will still open as scheduled, please look for the signs for the temporary entrance.
The pool schedule can be found here. Please note: the lifeguard office now has a real phone line, the new number is: 206.784.9028. Please direct all pool inquiries about lessons, pool parties etc, to this number.
We kicked off swim team this week with the following events with the ice cream social and swim suit fitting and May 15th starts our evening practices. The practice schedule is here: https://blueridge.swimtopia.com/practices. Next up:
- Pre-team May 22-June 26– this is for all kids that want to join the swim team, but cannot swim the length of the pool yet. The coaches will get them ready with this special program
- Morning Practices: starting June 27th see the Swimtopia site here for times
- The pancake breakfast will be Tuesday June 27th @ 9:00am up at the Clubhouse!
- Team pics – July 13th -3:30 start with the team shot at 4:45
Registration: Please note, this year all swimmers need to be registered and paid in full before they can enter the pool (no exceptions). The fee is $170 per swimmer. Please register here on the Swimtopia site and pay online. You can also drop a check by the clubhouse.
This year we have 3 home meets – come by and cheer on the Barracudas! Here is the 2017 schedule:
- Thursday June 22 Blue Ridge at Sand Point
- Tuesday June 27 Innis Arden at Blue Ridge
- Thursday June 29 Blue Ridge at Wedgwood
- Thursday July 6 View Ridge at Blue Ridge
- Tuesday July 11 Blue Ridge at Klahaya
- Thursday July 13 Aqua Club at Blue Ridge
- Tuesday July 18 Blue Ridge at Sheridan Beach
- Friday July 21 B-Champs at Klahaya
- Monday July 24 Girl’s Prelims at Wedgwood
- Tuesday July 25 Boy’s Prelims at Aqua Club
- Thursday July 27 Northerns at View Ridge
- Saturday July 29 Adult Meet
- Tuesday August 1 All City at Innis Arden
We are very fortunate that Carlos Palacian will return this year for his 11th season with the Blue Ridge Barracuda swim team! Glen Bradburn will also be back for his 3rd year, along with Tucker Benge, Emma Kelly, Rosie McDonagh and Luke Ilgenfritz. Also, special thanks to our parent coordinators, Sarah Bradley, Jeff Malick and our newest addition Katie Carlisle! Go Barracudas!
Blue ridge swim lessons start June 12th and run all the way through August 18th. Registration for Blue Ridge residents is live now here. Please note, you’ll need to sign into the website to access the page.
I am excited to announce that we will continue our partnership with Tennis Center Sandpoint. Lead Pro Nick Ketchem will be back for his 3rd season, along with Clay Dudley. We have added a Wednesday night cardio class and a Saturday Wimbledon workout as requested by the community. We will repeat the popular kids program, and continue to work to build the team. Please join us on Sunday June 25th at the courts from 4-6pm to meet the pros, play Queen/King of the Court and learn more about the programs! Signups are live now here.
I look forward to seeing you at the clubhouse. Please send any comments, questions, concerns to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our water polo program is growing under the leadership of Thor Tyson. Schedules are flexible and the kids have a great time. Last year, many kids from the swim team joined after their season and we saw our 10-and-unders win the 2016 All-City Championship!! Congrats on a great year and we’re looking forward to another great sea. See Thor’s intro below for more information.
Please send any comments, questions or feedback to me directly at email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing you at the clubhouse.